Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened

When I go into a scrapbooking store or to a convention, I always love it when the product displays include at least a few completed samples. My favorite scrapbook store in Washington (which went out of business--tax evasion, I think, but that's a different story) had handmade layouts displayed everywhere! They weren't the crazy, expensive layouts you see in magazines today, but layouts made with real pictures and supplies we can all afford.

For my display on Saturday, I made sure to bring a handful of completed samples. The picture below is a sample I made when we lived in Florida--18 months ago, maybe longer. I always had it on display near my Cosmo Cricket chipboard and occasionally I would sell an item or two. I loved making this project and always assumed others would as well. It wasn't until Saturday that my assumption rang true. I sold it all!

No comments: