Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Disbelief

Last night I returned home from a scrapbooking crop in a pretty cheerful mood. Then I checked my email. I Remember When has closed up shop. What!?! I've been a fan of this company since attending the big scrapbook convention held in Bellevue, WA back in 2003 (the Making Memories box of buttons is the item that specifically hooked me that year). Not to mention that I've actually been an instructor with the company for the past 2+ years...and loving every second of my "job"!

So, what do I do now? My instinct is to just return to running my own individual business--wholesale accounts with a few vendors, focus on pre-made items, classes and kits. There are a number of other direct sales companies out there, but none of them speak to me the way IRW always has. I may like the products carried by one, but not the company structure. What to do, what to do...

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Oh, a BIG thank you to IRW/Xyron for not going the Scrap In A Snap route of going out of business. I'd much prefer that everything shut down on excellent terms. Yay!

5 comments:

Jacqui said...

It's everywhere, isn't it? In the sewing world, shops are closing leaving the machine buyers without promised classes and maintenance. We'll probably see a reduction in the many quilting mags, too.

Elisabeth said...

Stop over to AC Bailey Designs and take a look around!

Melissa said...

Nope, no AC Bailey for me.

Erin said...

Come on over to Stampin' Up, we are having a promotion right now for new demo's. Email me for more details!!

emlasseter@cox.net

Melissa said...

No, I am AVOIDING all direct sales companies. I am tired of having them go under and then having to rebuild my business. I'm going with my heart on this one--into business for myself and only myself. :) I do love Stampin' Up though!!!