Thursday, January 21, 2010

Junior Photo Frame

While digging through some old memorabilia boxes I came across two of these old frames full of photos from high school. Since I'm 12 years removed from my high school days, I thought this was an especially good time to find a new use for these frames.


The new Junior line from American Crafts has been taunting me from across the room since the day it arrived in stock. Love it! It matches my boys' bedding perfectly--primary colors, cars & trucks theme--so it only made sense to create something they could display in their rooms.


I was hosting a crop at my house while I made this project. You all know what that means...I was doing a bit more talking than scrapbooking. :) The end result is cute, but I will do things differently with the second frame. First, I don't like the two blue blocks side-by-side. I didn't plan this project, I just began! Despite using a ton of chipboard and pop dots, I still had wanted a more 3-D effect. We'll see if I can execute that with the second project.

Supplies Used: American Crafts Junior Line (Radical paper, Yay! paper, You're Out! paper, Junior Buddy Accents Remarks Sticker Book), AC Denim textured cardstock, Basic Grey Lime Rickey chipboard accents, Basic Grey Lime Rickey glazed brad.